Speak Up with Text-Based AAC
Not being able to speak isn’t the same as having nothing to say. Children, teens and adults who can’t (always) speak can use this Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) app for iOS to communicate confidently. If you can write, you can use Proloquo4Text – it’s that easy.
Make yourself heard
You’ll love the freedom this Text to Speech app gives you to express yourself. Proloquo4Text’s intuitive word and sentence prediction uses what you type to anticipate what you might say next – helping you save time and effort.
But what really makes this AAC solution stand out is the single screen layout, which keeps everything at hand. Proloquo4Text’s versatility makes it useful for people with autism, cerebral palsy, ALS, and a range of other diagnoses.
See Proloquo4Text in Action
Built for Your Needs
Communicate with Ease
Type less and react quickly to the conversation at hand with smart features and a handy layout.
- Prediction learns from how you write to give you suggestions for the next thing to say.
- Create your own phrases, group them for fast access, and easily find things you’ve said before with history.
- Access the keyboard, words and phrases from a single screen.
Use it Your Own Way
Versatile and customizable, you can use this app’s options and accessibility features to make it your own.
- Use the app in English, Spanish, French, Dutch, Danish, German, Italian, Norwegian, and Swedish. Express yourself with 130 voices across 18 languages.
- Tailor it to your needs with an accessible keyboard such as Keeble, Switch Control and VoiceOver.
- Configure prediction, abbreviation expansion and privacy settings.
Above and Beyond
Smart innovations and updates keep improving your experience.
- We keep up to date with versions of iOS, and add support for new devices like Apple Watch for easy on-the-go use.
- Supports multitasking mode for iPad, so you can communicate while using another app.
- If you face losing your own voice, this app supports use of my-own-voice technology.
Voices that Speak for Themselves
Proloquo4Text lets you be you. Choose from more than 130 voices in 18 languages including English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
These voices range from friendly adult voices to genuine children’s voices. The voices are created using real recorded speech, making them feel surprisingly natural. For some languages, you even have multiple options.
Behind the scenes with Lost Voice Guy
Proloquo4Text is a very powerful app. I especially like how I can have conversations at the same time without losing any text.Lee Ridley, Comedian Lost Voice Guy, 2018 Winner of Britain’s Got Talent
Lee Ridley AKA Lost Voice Guy can’t talk but isn’t silent. He is (probably) the first stand-up comedian to use a communication aid. He won Britain’s Got Talent 2018.
Communicate with ease
- Use the single screen for easy access to words, phrases and keyboard
- Switch easily between conversations, making it easy to answer a question in another conversation, without disrupting what you typed in the first conversation.
- Decide when you speak with play, pause and speak-as-you-type
- Adjust appearance (font, color, text size) to your preference and needs
Reduce typing effort
- Create, save and organize commonly used phrases
- Make typing quicker with advanced, self-learning PolyPredix word prediction
- Show what you typed with the fullscreen view and flip text features
- Type once, then say it again with history and sentence prediction
- Use keyboard shortcuts for quick access when using an external keyboard
Choose your voice
- Download, natural-sounding voices within Proloquo4Text. All premium Acapela voices are included in Proloquo4Text with no in-app purchase.
- Add personality and humor to your conversations with free specialty voices
- Choose from over 100 voices in 18 languages, so you can find the one that sounds most like you. Switch easily between languages.
- Use my-own-voice, a voice-banking technology, to preserve and capture the essence of your own voice in synthetic speech.
Share your world
- Send email, messages, and tweets from Proloquo4Text
- Write in Proloquo4Text and copy your text into another app
- Listen to text by pasting into Proloquo4Text
- Make phone and FaceTime video calls with Proloquo4Text.
Take your voice anywhere
- Proloquo4Text is available on both iOS and macOS. With iOS, you can use the app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch. The Mac version is a separate purchase, please contact us if you are interested in the Mac version.
- Smoothly transition between devices, thanks to Proloquo4Text’s consistent navigation on iPhone and iPad
- Easily access your commonly used phrases on Apple Watch, and just tap to show or speak them. You can customize the contents shown on the Watch from your iPhone.
- Follow words as they are spoken with optional sentence or word highlighting
- Optimized for Switch Control and VoiceOver
- Communicate without an internet connection
- Use multitasking functionality to run another app side-by-side on supported devices
- Keep your devices in sync by easily backing up and restoring your customizations and stored phrases.
AssistiveWare is the developer of Proloquo2Go, an award-winning symbol-based communication app that provides a voice to over 200,000 individuals around the world.