About Assistive Technology
We’ve been supporting the Assistive Technology market throughout New Zealand for over 25 years.
We like to think we have one of the most rewarding jobs you could look for.
It is about ‘making positive differences to enhance lives’.
A Visual Picture
We have been asked to present a ‘visual picture’ of what it is we do. Looking at these two wonderful photos of students from CASS in Auckland – for us – expresses it all. The smiles and happiness at being a part of the world is exactly what we aim to do. Provide each person who needs help with the equipment and solutions that will allow them to participate, contribute and enjoy life to the very extent they can.
We are very lucky to have the support of a large number of companies from around the world who supply us with the latest and most up to date technologies. We can call on our suppliers to provide our people within New Zealand with solutions to make a difference. Many of these companies we have worked with for over 25 years.
Computer systems provide access to the outside world via email and Internet. Many clients with physical disabilities are not able to use standard keyboard and mouse input devices. Our challenge is in finding the alternatives to these standards to give complete access to the computer, whether it be Text to Speech, Eye Tracking, Head Tracking, Word Prediction, or alternative keyboards or mice. We enjoy the challenge of looking for an alternative to meet a solution that challenges us all. Tell us what the client needs – let us find an alternative.
Using your voice to participate or state your needs is taken for granted by most of us. For our clients with limited or no speech finding a suitable communication device to enable them to participate is essential.
The needs of each individual are different and may continue to change as they grow and develop or perhaps as they get older.
Our work is multi-faceted:
- Software – from cause and effect through to mainstream curriculum support
- Alternative input access – to give the client an alternative way to access their technology
- Toys – to engage, entertain, educate and communicate
- Visual and sensory – devices to provide auditory, tactile and visual stimulation
- Communication devices with gridsets for talking with symbols or text
- Computer systems and IT accessories – as a nationwide IT computer company we source and support the most popular international brands, from computers, monitors, touch screens, printers, and carry bags to the wider range of IT accessories
- Training and support – are essential as this ensures the equipment is best used to meet the client’s needs. We provide nationwide support for all the equipment we supply
- Evaluation library – lets the assessors and clients try out the equipment to see if it best fits their needs
- Tell us what you need – we will do our very best to ensure we find a solution
Our role is to work alongside and support the nationwide assessors, funders and individuals in all areas of assistive technology. Their passion and desire to help their clients keeps us finding the alternatives to support and assist.
Let us know how we can help you.