Visual Stories that Speak for Themselves
Create and share visual social stories and schedules with this app for iOS. Adding your own pictures, videos and recordings to stories you create makes it easier to share information while building literacy skills, as well as confidence in storytelling.
Share Your World
Social stories, schedules and recounting what you did during the holiday can be much more powerful and fun with visuals and a voiceover. Pictello makes it easy to create a story step by step. It also makes them much more effective by letting you add realistic details like photos, videos, and audio recordings. The Text to Speech voices included in the app are also helpful if you want to use voiceovers.
This app is used by people with autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, selective mutism, and other diagnoses.
See Pictello in Context
The boys at the Black Mountain School in Australia use Pictello to express their storytelling skills. They are very excited that they can create stories themselves to share with their family and friends.
Show and Explain
Create easily shareable social stories to help someone anticipate and understand.
- Turn complex new situations or nuanced social cues into multi-page stories.
- Save and share stories to access them whenever you need them, to go over a routine or instructions for example.
- Add real details with your own photos, videos, and recorded speech.
Tell Your Story
Develop literacy and social skills while you learn to tell stories.
- Helps builds confidence in social interactions by teaching storytelling skills.
- Wizard mode helps those with limited literacy. Includes auditory instructions, speak as you type, and playing back what’s been written.
- Word by word text highlighting helps develop literacy skills.
Above and Beyond
Use it in your language, your way.
- Localized in 6 languages, with voices in 35 languages/dialects.
- Import and access any book from the Tar Heel reader early literacy library.
- Alternative access through switch support, and an optional theme designed for cortical vision impairment.
Develop literacy skills
- Support reading with word-by-word text highlighting
- Develop writing and spelling with built-in word prediction and Speak as You Type
- Create stories to teach academic and social skills
- Import free early literacy and adapted academic books from Tar Heel Reader
Create and playback with ease
- Let students use the wizard to create stories
- Play stories page by page or as a slideshow
- Use Text to Speech voices to read the story
- Turn on switch access for story playback
- Add your own photos
- Include short video clips
- Record your own voice or sound
Share your stories
- Share with other Pictello users through our free sharing server
- Use Dropbox to exchange stories
- Export to PDF or print to share with non-Pictello users
Speak your language
- Pick English, Spanish, German, French, Italian or Dutch for the user interface
- Select from over 110 free Text to Speech voices in 29 languages
- Use genuine American, British, Australian, American-Spanish, Swedish, French, Italian, German, Norwegian and Swedish children’s voices
- Create interest with fun character and specialty voices
Customize to fit your needs
- Pick between Wizard or Expert creation modes
- Swipe or automatically turn pages
- Adjust speech rate and pronunciations