Be Creative. Be Productive. Be Knowledgeable.
Inspiration 10 encourages strong critical thinking skills and helps you build conceptual understanding, map out your knowledge and supports the writing process.
The Inspiration software makes it easy to capture ideas, structure thoughts and visually communicate concepts to strengthen understanding with the Diagram and Map Views. To take notes, organize information and structure writing plans for papers and reports, use the integrated Outline View to clarify thinking in written form. Finally, you can effortlessly transfer your diagrams and outlines to Word, Google Docs, PowerPoint, OneNote, PDF, HTML or as a graphic file.
Visualize & Develop Ideas, Understand & Retain Concepts
Create mind maps, concept maps, webs, idea maps, graphic organizers, process flows and other diagrams for thinking, organizing and writing. Use these proven visual thinking and learning techniques to brainstorm ideas, explore and explain relationships, and integrate new knowledge with what you already know. Inspiration encourages deeper critical thinking, improving creativity, comprehension and retention.
- Brainstorm by capturing ideas quickly with the RapidFire® tool.
- Represent information and trigger memory with symbols and images. Choose from Inspiration’s 3000+ images, or import your own.
- Show relationships between ideas with linking phrases – choose from a list of common phrases or write in your own.
- Jumpstart the writing process by adding notes to symbols.
- Add multiple references and hyperlinks to symbols using the Citation tool. These will then be alphabetically organised into the Bibliography section at the end of your outline.
- Organize ideas effortlessly using the Arrange tool to create various tree charts and webs.
- Use colour to highlight key concepts and group information.
- Access 150 templates: thinking skills, education and workplace related.
Plan & Organize Written Work
Effectively organize and structure your ideas for projects using Inspiration’s Outline View. Keep track of research information, create essay outlines and develop a logical flow for written and oral communication.
Outlining allows you to quickly develop hierarchical ideas and add detail, ensuring you write with purpose. Outline View synchronizes with your visual view, so you can move seamlessly between visual and written expressions of your thinking to expand and refine ideas and produce quality work.
- Transform diagrams and mind maps to outlines with one click.
- Continue the writing process by adding topics, subtopics and notes text. Diagram View and Map View update automatically.
- Organize ideas and information with power outlining tools.
- Keep visual connections intact with the option to see associated symbols and linking phrases from Diagram View in Outline View.
- Meet word and page count requirements with the Word Count tool.
Improve Communication & Build Presentations
Improve communication and share what you’ve learned with Inspiration’s Presentation Manager. Use the content you’ve developed in Diagram, Map and Outline Views and expand your work into more compelling presentations and final projects. Inspiration provides all the tools to create organized, polished, formal presentations that clearly convey your knowledge. Simply present in Inspiration 10, or export to PowerPoint or PDF.
Sharing Your Work & Productivity
- Transfer your work to Microsoft Word and PowerPoint to streamline and support project completion.
- Use the Copy to Clipboard feature to export your diagrams and outlines to Google Docs, OneNote and other apps.
- Style headings will apply to Inspiration 10 outlines when they are transferred to Microsoft Word or copied to clipboard.
- Save documents as PDFs.
- Print your diagrams, maps, outlines and presentation.
- Use the Site Skeleton® export to transform diagrams into HTML web sites.
- Export diagrams and mind maps as .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp or .wmf files to insert in other documents.
Share Files with Inspiration Maps for iOS
Import & export documents between Inspiration 10 and Inspiration Maps.
Inspiration Maps is a visual thinking and learning app for iPads and iPhones. Build beautiful diagrams, graphic organizers and outlines with ease! Getting organized has never been this simple.
Helping Users Overcome Barriers to Study and Work
Inspiration 10 is designed to be used by everyone, but is particularly beneficial for users who:
- Have difficulty with short term memory, retaining and processing information.
- Get distracted when there is too much text to deal with.
- Find it challenging to express ideas in writing.
- Struggle with the structure and layout of essays.
- Often have to take extended recovery breaks from working to alleviate symptoms (e.g. mental health difficulties).
- Have difficulties organizing ideas and remaining focused long enough to get ideas written down (e.g. Autistic Spectrum Disorder or mental health difficulties).
- Find it hard to develop and deliver presentations.