The ultra-compact Half Keyboard is a one-handed version of the standard desktop keyboard. It uses full-size, high-quality laptop-style keys for excellent typing comfort and speed. The Half Keyboard’s sleek, minimal design makes a great addition to your regular keyboard or a really cool replacement that uses very little desk space.
- Easier text editing – Scroll, select text, type corrections, or make deletions, without moving your hand back and forth between keyboard and mouse.
- Hold documents in one hand and type them in with the other hand.
- Users of Desktop Publishing, CAD, Photoshop and other graphics software can change tools and issue commands on the Half Keyboard, without taking their hand off the mouse or stylus.
- A Half Keyboard is ideal for someone with a hand injury or disability.
This very compact assistive technology enables people who have lost the use of one hand to touch-type quickly using their existing touch-typing skills. This USB keyboard is the left half only and allows you to touch-type with just your left hand (your left hand can produce all the letters normally typed by the right hand using the half keyboard technology).
This keyboard has been chosen by occupational therapists, insurance companies, workplace insurance boards, schools, governments and businesses for over 20 years for one-handedness, hemiplegia, blindness (reading a braille screen with one hand while typing with the other hand), as well as other conditions where typing with only one left hand is required.
How does it work?
Typing with one hand is a lot like typing with two hands
- Place your hand on the keyboard, in the standard position.
- The letters under your hand are exactly the same as on a regular keyboard. You already know how to type them – no learning required!
- For the other half of the keyboard, you need to hold down the space bar. When you hold down the space bar, the keys under your hand change to the other half of the keyboard.
- To type a space, just tap the space bar.
- That’s all there is to it! It’s just like regular typing, except you hold down the space bar to get the other half of the keyboard.