Grid Player is suitable for a wide range of people with communication difficulties, from those who use symbols to people who type on a keyboard.
Grid Player is designed for use with Grid 3 and The Grid 2, allowing you to play your grids on iPad. If you don’t have Grid 3 or The Grid 2, you can use Grid Player with four complete grid sets: Symbol Talker A, Symbol Talker B, Talking Photographs and Text Talker Phrasebook.
Grid Player is suitable for people with a wide range of disabilities, including cerebral palsy, motor-neurone disease (ALS), autism, apraxia, traumatic brain injury, stroke and deafness. It can also be used in education for people with learning difficulties or special needs, and with young children.
Please note: that you need a Online Grids account to use Grid Player. You can create an account for free within the Grid Player app, or sign in to an existing account.
- Over 12,000 Widgit Symbols
- Over 12,000 SymbolStix Symbols
- High-quality male and female voices
- “TouchType” word prediction for faster typing
- Prediction suggestions with symbols to help with word recognition
- Word list grids for large topics
- Copy sentences to use with Twitter, Facebook, etc
Symbol Talker A and B
- Dynamic screen AAC
- Uses Widgit symbols
- Over 2,000 unique words in over 50 topics
- Two vocabulary sizes (levels A and B)
- Over 1000 vivid photographs
- 42 categories
- Inspirational for education and communication
Text Talker Phrasebook
- Over 100 instant phrases
- 10 topics to discuss
- Quick response buttons for answering questions