All user interface solutions can be attached to the separate, dual pressure switch using a simple twist-on pneumatic connector. The two pressure switches have normally open contacts that close when the user sips or puffs on an attached mouthpiece. These low voltage and low current signaling switches are designed for connection to an electronic device – they are not designed to switch power loads.
- Sip and puff pressure thresholds are approximately 75 mm water column below and above ambient pressure
- Switches carry 40 mA at AC/DC–30 V or less with a resistive load, for millions of cycles
- Dual pressure switch has two 3.5 mm (1/8-inch headphone) connectors. One connector provides both sip and puff events with a stereo cable
- Simple slide switch can be used to change the sense of Sip and Puff signals on the stereo connector
- Passive pressure switches do not require batteries or external power
- Enclosure has integrated “sip” and “puff” test switches
Test buttons are integrated to assist in application testing. Electrical interface is provided through a choice of connectors for two standard mono cables or a single stereo cable. A twist-on pneumatic interface provides for direct connection to the Origin Instruments’ Headset.