Blue-Bot is a brand new addition to the floor robot family. This innovative Bluetooth robot can be controlled using a tablet or PC/Mac whereby you create your program on screen, send it remotely and see Blue-Bot performs your program right before your very eyes!
With a clear shell, children can see inside Blue-Bot and understand which components perform which duties, for example, where is the power stored? Using the app, Blue-Bot can now perform 45 degree turns alongside the traditional 90 degree turns which means children can program Blue-Bot to draw a variety of different shapes.
The app has an explore mode which allows children to explore the wonders of programming whilst the challenges mode presents puzzles for the children to complete. You can still use Blue-Bot like your normal Bee-Bot, by programming on the robot itself. You can use your existing Bee-Bot mats with Blue-Bot and have an image of the mats on screen so you can replicate your program in real life. We have made classroom management as easy as possible by allowing you to rename each and every Blue-Bot to give it its own character.
- Blue-Bot has a clear shell, which makes it possible to see the components inside Blue-Bot. Children can see its buzz!
- Tablet or PC controlled floor robot
- Program on the robot itself, or use the Blue-Bot app to program from a distance
- Compatible with iOS and Android
- Capable of performing 45 degree turns and you can also include repetitions in your algorithm
- Rechargeable and fits on the standard Bee-Bot Docking Stations (TTSB0358, not included and sold separately).
- USB cable provided for recharging
- Compatible with your existing Bee-Bot mats
- Cross-curricular learning tool (curriculum resources are available)
The Blue-Bot app has been designed to work across a number of platforms and is a free download. Using the app with Blue-Bot unleashes the full potential of Blue-Bot in your classroom. Once you open the app on your device, select your Blue-Bot and get programming! The app allows you to select a Bee-Bot mat that you may already have , so you can replicate what’s on screen in real life! There are 2 Mode settings, the explore mode and the challenge mode:
- Step by step programming.
- When a button is pressed, Blue-Bot will move and the instruction will be added to the list.
- Once you’re happy with the algorithm, place Blue-Bot back at the start point and press go!
- Drag and Drop programming Choose your instructions for Blue-Bot and drag them into the algorithm bar on the left.
- If you have spotted an error then quite simply drag the instruction out that you do not want anymore.
- Repeats Blue-Bot app features the option to include repeats in your program to make it even more efficient!
- 45 degree turns Blue-Bot can be programmed to make 45 degree turns left and right. How many shapes can the children draw with Blue-Bot?
This mode sets challenges for the children to solve with Blue-Bot.
- Obstacles Blue-Bot app will randomly put obstacles on the on-screen mat for Blue-Bot to navigate around, adding complexity to the program.
- Fewer Buttons In this challenge the app will remove one or two directional buttons. Can BlueBot still get to where it needs to be by using just left and forward, for example?
- Random Instructions With this challenge you will be presented with a list of instructions for BlueBot and based on this you must predict which square Blue-Bot will end up.
You can choose to remove some of the Blue-Bots buttons to make it more challenging to program. Blue-Bots can be renamed on the app to make classroom management of multiple Blue-Bots easy. Children can record themselves saying a command and can assign it to a button on Blue-Bot. As the algorithm goes through its cycle, children can hear themselves saying the instructions as it cycles through the program!
Blue-Bot Software for Mac & Windows
Blue-Bot Software – Mac
Blue-Bot Software (DMG / ZIP)
Bee-Bot Software – Windows
Blue-Bot Software (ZIP)
Blue-Bot App now available!
Blue-Bot App – iOS / iPadOS
Bee-Bot App – Android
Blue-Bot Lesson Guide (PDF)
Blue-Bot User Guide (PDF)
Blue-Bot International Manual (PDF)