Te Wana Ltd: Supplying Assistive Technology Care Monitoring Sensors in New Zealand to support people with Epilepsy, Intellectual Disabilities, Autism, Dementia and those at risk of falling
DTSL Assistive Technology is proud to be supporting Te Wana Ltd with showcasing their wide range of products on our website.
All quote requests and queries will be passed on to the team at Te Wana Ltd for follow up and pricing.
Pivotell Advance – Pill Dispenser
The Clear Lid Pivotell Advance automatic pill dispenser has 28 sections for medication and will present the right dose at the right time with all other medication locked in the dispenser.
At the alarm time the tray rotates to present a compartment of medication, the alarm sounds and the light will flash. The user should tip the pills out, which cancels the alarm.
The alarm can be programmed to ring for up to 5 hours. With 28 sections and a possible 24 alarms per day, the Pivotell Advance automatic pill dispenser can accommodate the most complicated of medication regimes.
- 1 dose per day – refill every 28 days
- 2 doses per day – refill every 14 days
- 4 doses per day – refill every 7 days
The Pivotell Advance medication dispenser incorporates a number of important and advanced features which are designed to help the user and support their family members, carers and pharmacists.
- New Zealand Daylight Savings – will adjust automatically twice a year, when the correct date and year is programmed into it.
- Security – a self-locking shutter over the lid opening prevents access to the medication tray except at the time that medication is programmed to be available. This prevents the possibility of double dosing or the forced movement of the medication tray by the user.
- Display – the LCD display will be visible through the lid allowing the user and carer to view: the date and time, the time that the next dose is due, the number of doses remaining, the battery level.
- Start Delay and Stop functions – Delays activation or deactivates dispenser – useful for those using multiple dispensers and to allow pharmacists or family members to fill in advance away from home.
- Upside-down – the tray will not rotate if upside down. When upright it will move to the correct dose for the time & date at the next alarm time.
- This also allows for the possibility that the dispenser could be transported upside down. If a dosage time occurs when the dispenser is upside down it will alarm as usual but the tray will not move forward. If the dispenser is upside down for some time the dispenser will record on how many occasions it should have rotated and when returned to the upright position will move to the correct position for the next scheduled dose so that the correct medication for that time will be presented.
- Two or more compartments can be programmed to alarm at the same time (for those with many or large pills).
- Start delay function – delays activation to allow pharmacists or family members to easily fill in advance away from the user’s home.
- Stop function – deactivates dispenser – useful for those using multiple dispensers in the home.
- Day / time discs supplied (for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 times daily dosage and one blank disc for five or more doses per day).
- Spare trays, lids and time discs available for off-site filling by family members or pharmacists.
- Four different alarm sounds.
- Flashing light for those with hearing impairment.
- Lockable – only the medication due can be accessed by the user.
- Daily Alarm Times – 1-24
- Maximum daily alarms – 24
- Compartments – 28
- Volume Approx. 10ml per compartment.
- Batteries – It will be possible to use both Alkaline AA and re-chargeable batteries.
- Battery life – up to 12 months (this will reduce with doses dispensed and alarm times).
- Battery level meter and warning indicator.
- Secure battery case cover to deter tampering (screw provided)
- Power supply 6V – 4 x 1.5V Alkaline batteries or 4 x 1.2v rechargeable NiMH batteries
- Weight 390g excl. batteries / 490g incl. batteries.
- Dimensions Length: 190mm, Width: 180mm, Height: 56mm.
- A Pharmacy label carrier and label case is supplied.