Predictable: Text-to-speech AAC app
Predictable is designed for people who are literate but don’t have the ability to speak possibly due to cerebral palsy, motor neurone disease (ALS), autism, laryngectomy, stroke, apraxia or brain injury.
Head Tracking and Gesture Speak
Predictable offers an enhanced head tracking feature using face recognition technology available on newer iPad Pro devices.
Face gestures are also compatible with scanning methods: you can scan the items with switches and select by blinking. You can also create recipes of gestures to create quick and easy access to a huge number of phrases.
Other alternative access methods
Time and Force Delay to prevent mishits and accommodate tremor or other motor difficulties
Switch Scanning Access – use one or two switches via a Bluetooth switch box and the on-screen scanning
Touch Anywhere – use the screen as a switch
Phrase bank and grid view
Predictable now offers the possibility to use the phrase bank in a grid view. You can customise your phrase bank content and the size of the grid.
Predictable can automatically speak prepared sentences while you type your message. This lets people know you’re speaking and helps prevent interruptions. You can save as many of these messages as you like and Predictable will rotate through them so that you don’t repeat yourself. They can also be played at the touch of a button.
Use Acapela’s my-own-voice or ModelTalker to generate your personalised synthetic voice! Acapela my-own-voice and ModelTalker generates synthetic versions of users’ voices through sophisticated softwares.
Users can record sentences to generate the version of the voice they would like. The selected voice is then able to be downloaded and used within Predictable.
- Compatible with the iOS voices,
- Use your voice-banked voice from ModelTalker or Acapela My-own-voice
- Change the rate and pitch of the iOS voices
- Predictable 6 offers a large selection of customisable emojis.
- Attach recordings to your emojis
- Switch Access: accessible via Bluetooth switch box + switch/es (compatible with Therapy Box Switch Box and RJ Cooper Switch Interface)
- Face switch: Use face gestures to trigger a selection
- Compatible with the iOS method of scanning
- Configurable settings for auto or user scan
- Touch Anywhere: use the whole screen as a switch with scanning
- Head tracking: use facial recognition to interact with the app (available on Pro devices only)
- New selection triggers: blink, smile, frown, etc. to select items on the screen
- Scan & Tracking: combine different progression and selection access methods
- Link your phrases in categories to YouTube videos, iTunes songs or website URLs
- Manage your phrase bank content from the web platform
- The phrase bank content is now compatible with myMessageBanking.com format
- Different keyboard options to choose from (10 Key, QWERTY, ABCD, High Frequency, Apple and any other Bluetooth or downloadable keyboard).
- Ultra customisable UI
- Use the notepad for on-screen handwriting that works with the word prediction
- Customise your Predictable appearance by changing font, colours and other settings
- High Contrast option
- Ability to increase the size of the word prediction text